March 28–29, 2019 at Rutgers University
The following conference presentations are available on request. Instructions how to retrieve presentations can be found at this link.
Thursday, March 28 Presentations
Fate and Transport Panel
- Dr. Beth Ravit, Microplastics in NJ Urban Waters
- Dr. Serpil Guran, Plastic Waste As A Feedstock For Circular Carbon Economy
- Dr. Nicole Fahrenfeld, Microplastic Research in the Fahrenfeld Lab
- Dr. Abigail Porter, Microplastic is a Vehicle for Transporting Pharmaceutical-Transforming Microbiomes
- Dr. Beizhan Yan, Distribution of Microplastics in Waters Around the New York Metropolitan Area and Assessment of their Role as Potential Vectors of Toxic Compounds
Alternative Approaches to Plastics Panel
- Dr. Kevin Lyons, Alternative Approaches to Plastics
- Christopher Bodkin, Closing the Loop With Circular Blu
- John Buonocore, Plastic Removal During Waste Water Treatment
- Dr. Tom Nosker, Microplastics Waste Solution?
- Dr. Scott Coffin, Plastic as a Vector for Pollutants in Estuarine and Marine Environments
- Gina Moreno, Morphometric Effects Of Microplastics On Sac Fry Zebrafish
- Dr. Brian Pachkowski, The Potential For Human Health Effects From Microplastics
- Dr. Phoebe Stapleton, Transfer Of Nanoplastics From The Maternal To The Fetal Compartment
Friday, March 29 Presentations
Business Approaches to Plastic Waste Panel
- Gary Sondermeyer, Plastics Recycling in New Jersey
- Mike Arcieri, Global Recycling Industry Issues
- Tristanne Davis, Sustainable Packaging Coalition
- Tristan Steichen, Introduction to Healthcare Plastics Recycling Council
Chemical Analysis Panel
- Dr. Brian Buckley, Measuring Microplastic Unknowns
- Dr. Ashok Deshpande, Pyrolysis GC-MS Characterization of Microplastics from the Raritan & Passaic Rivers in NJ
- Dr. Sherri Mason, UN Working Group Guidelines and Overview of Processing/Analysis Methods
- Dr. Bridget O'Donnell, Raman Spectroscopic Techniques for Polymer Identification in Plastic Marine Debris
- Shelly Moore, Trash and Microplastics In California
- Ron Vance, EPA's Sustainable Materials Management Program
Next Steps Discussion
- Dr. Judith Weis, Improving Microplastic Research
- Dr. Keith Cooper, Closing Remarks
For general questions about the conference, contact us at email@example.com.
We gratefully acknowledge the support of all conference sponsors.
This conference has been funded in part by the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The content of the conference is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.